On July 29th, the people of North Carolina got justice when the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled to overturn the Monster Voter Suppression Law. This victory immediately:
- eliminated the Photo-Voter ID restriction
- restored Same-Day Registration
- restored Pre-registration opportunities for 16 and 17-year-olds
- restored the safeguard of Out-of-Precinct Voting
- and it also means there will now once again be up to 17 days of Early Voting available in each county -- with the new Early Voting period beginning Thursday, October 20th. (This means there is the opportunity for voting options to be provided to voters for an additional weekend in every county.)
Do you like this post?